VIRTUAL CARE CLINICAL OFFICER
TIBU Health is an early stage omnichannel health technology company changing the way patients interact and receive healthcare services in Africa.
Our mission is to leverage technology to streamline the patient journey and reorganize how services are delivered to better connect patients to services and professionals at a time and location of their choosing.
We think healthcare is broken. We’re working hard to fix it.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Clinical Officer who will work as part of our virtual care delivery team within our Medical department. The role holder will ensure continued excellence in the delivery of Healthcare services by TIBU Health. We are looking for someone who understands digital healthcare, telehealth and other forms of virtual care.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with a supervisor to develop and implement relevant healthcare guidelines, standard operational procedures and policies in primary healthcare and recommend improvement and adjustments where necessary.
- Work with supervisor to develop and maintain telemedicine key product indicators with the aim of ensuring quality standards are achieved in triage calls, patient satisfaction etc.
- Works closely with service delivery, wellness, nursing and lab departments to implement shared protocols.
- Conduct quality patient triaging and document client information.
- Conduct case reviews, follow up of patients and outreach.
- Participate in developing CMEs + Grand rounds for continuous medical education.
- Identify technology gaps, propose software solutions and identify novel and innovative ways to sophisticate our virtual care platform and the patient journey and experience across platforms.
- Recommends new service lines, services, and innovative approaches to Telehealth.
- Identify and propose tools and materials needed for the virtual care team.
Care and Coordination:
- Deliver healthcare services virtually through telehealth and other virtual care platforms available in the organization.
- Ensure that excellent customer service is delivered to patients through excellent communication, timely treatment plans and patient referral and professional care.
- Collaborate with clinical staff and patient representatives to facilitate safe and effective clinical virtual consultations.
- Vetting referrals and coordinating with the logistics team to ensure proper patient referral process is implemented within the TIBU Healthcare system and with external providers.
- Constant liaising with the customer support team for scheduling virtual patients for additional home-based or hub-based clinical consultations.
- Work closely with the Clinical Lead for Wellness and Chronic disease management to execute on-site services with corporate partners and subsequent follow-up with patients.
- Developing schedules that ensure all patients are followed up at the scheduled date and time as per clinical guidelines.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a clinical setting.
- Basic experience working as a telehealth service provider will be an added advantage.
- ACLS/BLS certification (desirable).
- Must have working computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Certificate of Registration from the respective professional regulatory body.
- Valid Professional Practice License.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.