The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKES, K) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both national and international curricula. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
Aga Khan Primary School, Kisumu (AKPSK) is a multicultural school offering the Kenyan national curriculum to over 600 students.
The school welcomes applications from enthusiastic and professional educators with the following single/subject combinations, effective February 2023.
- English/Science Teacher
- Mathematics/ Kiswahili Teacher
- Kiswahili Teacher
- Mathematics/Science Teacher
- Learning Support Teacher
- The subject teacher must set an example to his pupils by carrying out his/her duties in a professional manner. S/He must be punctual for his/her lessons, set his teaching targets in a manner that are easily followed by his pupils, mark the assignment regularly and generally motivate pupils to achieve their best. S/He should be neatly dressed at all times.
- Must teach a full complement of the lessons allocated as per the joint timetables. She/he is required to familiarize thoroughly with the syllabuses, schemes of work and books prescribed for his/her subjects.
- She/he should make every effort to expand his/her subject knowledge by having recourse to a variety of sources, besides the text books.
- S/He must be prepared to set moderate and mark examinations under the guidance of his subject head and other senior teachers.
- In addition to teaching s/he must fully involved and promote other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in the school.
- The subject teacher should consider himself/herself as part of the team working for the good of the schools.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the head teachers and AKESK office.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a trained teacher with minimum P1- Diploma. A Degree will be an added advantage.
- An overall mean grade of C+ in KCSE.
- At least 2+ years of experience in a reputable school.
- Must have undergone basic CBC training.
- Must be registered by the Teacher’s Service Commission (TSC)