This role is responsible for ensuring the implementation of customer satisfaction activities within the region/cluster of stations and the management of the daily operations of the customer service touch points.
Key responsibilities/Tasks/ Duties
I. Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Supervise and monitor service delivery at service centres and huduma centres within respective region to ensure that customers are served promptly and professionally.
II. Operational Responsibilities
• Ensure staff awareness of and adherence to the service charter, customer service policies, customer service standards, procedure manuals and service centre standard operating procedures.
• Develop and implement quarterly plans including work plans, workforce management plans and training activities.
• Coordinate rollout of the Customer Complaints and Feedback Management Process – Monitor customer complaints, feedback, issues, and interactions; review and track resolution.
• Measure and report performance of all service centres within respective region and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
• Improve efficiency by researching markets and identifying service delivery gaps and potential improvement areas in respective regions then recommending mechanisms to address the findings and initiate corrective action as needed.
• Capacity Building: Co-ordinate staff training by identifying training needs (technical and skills based), designing and implementing strategies to address these needs and undertake performance coaching.
• Serve as the intermediary between Service Centre, KRA business departments and Regional Coordinators to ensure service resolution, availability of resources and create an appropriate service environment.
• Communicate regularly with diverse stakeholders, customers and/or partners to build mutual understanding and trust including co-ordinating and conducting taxpayer outreach initiatives.
• Co-ordinate implementation of business support initiatives in the region including taxpayer registration and other revenue enhancement initiatives (Debt collection, Nil/Non filer, Advance tax)
• Ensure adherence to all quality requirements under ISO 9008:2015, ethics and integrity requirements, human resource policies, KRA code of conduct and risk management processes.
A university degree in Marketing, Communication, Social Sciences, Business Administration or other business-related course from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Tax Training, Training in Customer Experience
Previous relevant work experience
Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes
• Business literacy: Knowledge on Tax and Customs Administration
• Personal effectiveness
• Negotiation and diplomacy skills
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
• Coaching and offering psychosocial support
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)