The Supervision Officer (Scheme Risk Management & Actuarial Services) is responsible for regular monitoring of scheme risks and actuarial services.
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: finance, law, economics, commerce, business administration, social security or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and,
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
- Participating in the review and analysis of statutory returns from service providers to assess performance by retirement benefits schemes and making appropriate recommendations;
- Participating in the review of retirement benefits scheme funding levels to establish financial soundness to inform management decisions and support regulatory and legislative actions;
- Participates in ensuring compliance by retirement benefits schemes in submitting statutory returns and carrying out reviews and risk analysis of statutory returns to assess performance by schemes and make appropriate recommendations;
- Participating in the inspection of retirement benefits schemes and service providers and recommending appropriate interventions;
- Participating in reviewing of amalgamations, transfers and restructures to ensure that retirement benefits schemes remain financially sound and member benefits are protected;
- Reviewing and advising trustees and members on issues relating to benefits computation;
- Participating in retirement benefits scheme annual general meetings and other forums relating to the retirement benefits industry and preparing reports and action points;
- Participating in the development of prudential guidelines for the retirement benefits industry;
Key Competencies and Skills
- Report and minute writing skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- Team player.
Terms of Offer
These positions offer a competitive remuneration package, excellent opportunity to make a contribution to the performance of the Authority.
RBA is an Equal opportunity employer, employer of choice, and all qualified Kenyans are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.