Reporting to the Managing Director, the role will be responsible for the strategic leadership and Management of the Advisory unit, by offering customer solutions and maximizing shareholder value. This role will carry the responsibility for deal sourcing, deal execution, partnership within group functions, relationship management and market development.
- Strategic Growth; Work with the HOD & MD, to originate debt capital markets transactions in Kenya and across the East African region.
- Partnership Management; In conjunction with the corporate banking team and the HOD, leverage off the bank’s customer base in order to originate debt capital markets mandates.
- Innovation: Develop capital structures that are responsive to customers’ needs.
- Excellence execution: Lead and coordinate execution of transactions through all stages from inception to close.
- People Management: Grow a high functioning analyst team with deep capacity to execute capital markets transactions.
- Compliance: Monitor workflow activities to ensure compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures across the sales and business development channels. Ensure procedures, TATs, SLAs and audit items are maintained/ closed within deadlines.
- Market Mapping: Undertaking detailed economic, sectorial and company research and analysis in support of investment banking transactions. Additionally, analyzing and synthesizing financial and operating information about companies and sectors to gain in sights and develop opportunities for clients.
- Deal Structuring: Participating in the execution of investment banking transactions by developing responsive and innovative transaction structures in support of investment banking transactions.
- Financial Modelling Support: Reviewing and ensuring the team prepares robust financial models in support of debt and equity investment banking transactions.
- Valuation and Due-diligence: Lead the team in valuation and due-diligence assignments
- Presentations and Documentation management: Originating development of marketing materials in support of client presentations, drafting client deliverables such as the investor memorandum and working with the legal teams in drafting the project documentation.
- Relationship management: Maintaining of clients and investors relationships
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Accounting or any related or numeracy focused field
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in financial modelling, Valuation & Due diligence, with at least 2 years’ experience in Team management/leadership.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 12th December 2022.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.