LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners
Lutheran World Federation Kenya- Somalia, Dadaab and Kakuma Program is seeking to recruit a National staff for the following position;
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The School Counsellor will develop, implement, and coordinate psychosocial counselling services to promote child psychosocial well-being, provide preventive services and responses to identify personal and social development needs of children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide psychosocial support to learners in primary schools.
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities.
- Support development of detailed implementation plans.
- Design and conduct appropriate trainings – peer-to-peer sessions, forums and other events to enhance psychosocial support interventions.
- Conduct regular clinical supervision and debrief sessions for incentive staff and protection/safeguarding focal teachers.
- Prepare and submit periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual) reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations and action plans.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Counselling Psychology or a related field
- Proven experience of minimum 2 years working with humanitarian and development programme.
- Certification and membership to professional body
- An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to implement accountability activities within the LWF World Service essential.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, use of internet and email
- Excellent analytical, facilitation and documentation experience with humanitarian programmes.
- Excellent communication skills including influencing negotiation and pragmatism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to liaise with a variety of people successfully and effectively in a multicultural set up.
- Ability to work independently with proven hands-on expertise in case management, gender sensitivity, child protection and safeguarding.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
|Program Management Team, Education Team, Support Staff, Child Safeguarding||Implementing Agencies, County Government Officials and Directorate of Children Services, Mental Health and Psychosocial Working Groups, Community and Religious Leaders,|
A person of high integrity that will model LWF/WS Kenya Somali Program core values:
- Dignity and justice
- Compassion and commitment
- Respect for diversity
- Inclusion and participation
- Transparency and accountability
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Disclosure: The LWF participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme developed by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response, which requires LWF to conduct reference checks with prior employers including questions about employee misconduct. By proceeding with this job application, you consent to LWF requesting a Statement of Conduct from previous employers. This Statement of Conduct is requested from previous employers for all candidates for employment and provided to all employers that request it from LWF.
The closing date for this application is 24th January 2023.
Contract Duration: Annual Fixed Term, with possibility of renewal.
Position is open to Kenya Nationals only.