Action Against Hunger USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, with presence in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger USA, an independent NGO, currently has operations in Ethiopia, Haiti, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Zambia; with over $70 million in programs, and approximately 1,500 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth anticipated.
Summary of position
The Regional ICT Specialist will perform a wide range of ICT Professional support to the Regional Office and the Region Countries in all matters pertaining Information and Communication Technology. Giving support, advisory while developing capacity for the country ICT teams to bring efficiency and effective resource optimization and in line to Action against hunger guidelines.
Ensuring countries have secure networks and wireless technologies that are of value to the organization to facilitate the efficient operation in the Horn and East Africa Region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS.
- Participate to the Region ICT strategy definition, ensure that the strategy is deployed and implemented.
- Supervise equipment and infrastructure proper use.
- Improve the efficiency of Infrastructure resources use.
- Promote user awareness and train users in the use of ICT and IS resources.
- Ensure Technical advisory on energy and related infrastructure to include planning, sizing and procurement validations of the same.
- Give support (remotely or physically) to the regional countries.
- Technical supervision ICT officers and managers at country level.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, electrical engineering, Information technology, telecommunications or equivalent field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in an ICT department with at least 5 years in management position.
- Demonstrated experience on cross platform on system administration and support.
- Experience in Management and leadership capability.
- Excellent technical, monitoring and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to provide or recommend solutions to problems.
- Ability to work and contribute positively in a team.
- Ability to compile, organize, prepare and maintain an assortment of records, reports and information in an effective manner.
- Flexible to assume additional responsibilities; proactive approach to work and able to work with minimum supervision.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.