The Regional Finance Manager is the senior financial professional in the region whose purpose is to ensure financial management in line with Norwegian Red Cross rules and regulations, and contractual obligations.
- Coordinate the annual budget and reporting processes in the region, in line with established rules and regulations.
- Ensure internal control and financial risk management at regional and country levels, including oversight of mitigating actions and management of suspected and confirmed cases of fraud and corruption.
- Manage the regional finance team and organize effective finance support to country offices.
- Organizes financial planning in the region, including yearly budgets and mid-term budget reviews, informing project adjustments, including the reallocation of financial resources.
- Provides direction to cost-efficient provision of administration services e.g. general administrative services, archives, insurance, visa processing within the region.
- Quality assures cash disbursements in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross’ partnership calendar.
- Ensures sound and timely financial reporting in the region, herein tertial reports, annual reports and donor reports.
- Manages financial aspects of the regional office, including reconciliations, NFO budgeting, budget monitoring and analysis, and forecasting.
- Approves (anvise) invoices to be charged to budgets within the region in accordance with the Accountability matrix.
- Supports the financial management of the country offices, including reconciliations, budget monitoring and analysis, and forecasting.
- Supports country offices in financial follow up of National Societies when needed and coordinates regular spot checks in every country.
- Support country offices in preparing and facilitating for the annual audit process, as well as following up on remarks and recommendations from the annual audit.
- Leads the financial-administrative mapping of National Societies and oversees the implementation of agreed mitigation measures.
- Ensures that a strong internal control environment is maintained, including proper segregation of duties, and quality assures procurements in line with Norwegian Red Cross rules and regulations.
- Contributes to human resources planning for finance personnel in the region.
- Ensures that all personnel have yearly work and development plans and follow up on performance regularly.
- Set objectives for the finance teams, delegate tasks and authority, involve, motivate and follow up colleagues in line with Norwegian Red Cross leadership development model.
- Trains new delegates in Norwegian Red Cross rules and regulations, and the correct use of available finance management tool. Supports the accountants in the region, enabling them to book expenditure correctly and in a timely manner.
- Contributes to International Programmes and Preparedness Departments global efforts to harmonise and improve administrative procedures and processes between the National Office, Regional and the Country Offices.
- Supports Country Programme Managers, Regional and Country Finance Officers to ensure adequate financial management.
- Provides financial advice and analysis to the Regional Representative.
- Collaborates closely with the Finance and Grants Unit, to implement Norwegian Red Cross’ guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Works with Finance Department to facilitate and follow up controller visits to the region.
Mission specific responsibilities:
- Connect budgetary consumption with activity progress. Propose changes if necessary.
- Train the mission’s senior staff in how to use the budget follow up tools.
- Prepare and assist with possible audits or inspections.
- Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial controls and financial management principle.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance staff through adequate orientation, on-the – job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and; and succession planning.
- Relevant university degree (Chartered Auditor, Business Administration or Competence Finance Degree, Chartered Accountant or equivalent).
Skills and knowledge:
- Successful track record of managing international finance teams, including and knowledge · remote support.
- Proven experience in financial planning and budget analysis.
- Proven good judgment in managing risk management, and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting concepts, International Financial Reporting Standards or equivalent.
- Advanced understanding of internal control and treasury management concepts.
- Very good ability to work towards achieving objectives and results.
- Very good ability to cooperate and share competency.
- Very good ability to convince and gain acceptance.
- Very good ability to communicate effectively.
- Very good ability to think holistically.
- Good ability to be solution orienteted.
Regional Representative – Africa
Position is based: