With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
To provide curative and preventive health care to the beneficiaries in the WVK Kajiado, Kitui, Makueni, Kilifi and Kwale emergency nutrition project as part of enhancing effective implementation of the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) component.
Project planning and implementation
- Support in day to day running of integrated mobile health outreaches and management of the nutrition and health activities.
- Coordinate the health education activities of the project.
- Support in coordination of all field logistical operations for the program.
- Participate in staff regular training as part of continuous professional development
- Liaise with the Public Health Officer in the County department of health to design and conduct the health education sessions at the outreach sites.
- Ensure proper treatment of minor illnesses’ and management of beneficiaries through; administration of systematic medication, supervision and referrals as appropriate including medical supplies stock prepositioning in liaison with health facility in charges and Sub county managers.
- Ensure ANC and postnatal activities are integrated in the outreach programme.
- Monitoring nutritional status of beneficiaries as per set indicators and protocols.
- Implement CMAM targeting malnourished children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Ensure that medical services are administered according to the national standards and protocols.
- Work closely with MOH and other health provider nurses and follow referral mechanism of both moderately and severely malnourished children.
- Work closely with the Nutrition Officer to manage and train nutrition staff and the community on identification and monitoring of malnutrition.
- Work closely with the Sub County Health management team to ensure that all medical components of the project are well implemented.
- Implement a recognised system of monitoring of beneficiaries to ensure supplies are well recorded observing data protection protocols and privacy making sure data is captured in government system.
Documentation, Monitoring and reporting
- Make follow up of children referred to and from Stabilization Centre.
- Filling of MOH tools and child mother booklets
- Conduct health education to promote appropriate infant care practices
- Monitoring of beneficiaries in OTP and SFP to ensure appropriate weight gain.
- Ensure project reporting protocols are implemented according to both World Vision, UNICEF, WFP guidelines and reports submitted to the Project Manager in time.
- Ensure that all reports from the outreach sites are reported in the DHIS
- Liaise with project officers for guidance on field logistics and staff issues
- Preparation of progress reports, stocks and program reports according to UNICEF, WFP and WV requirements.
- Support in other project activities as guided by the project manager
Coordination and partnerships
- Support in logistics of all integrated outreaches at field level.
- Support the MoH staff in coordinating outreach teams.
- Represent World Vision in key stakeholder forums/meetings and relevant networks at the Ward and Sub-County level.
- Strengthen partnerships with the county government and other partners for effective support and capacity for sustainability
Qualification & Experience
- At least 2 years working experience in Health and Nutrition services at health facility and community level with bias to Child health (IMCI), Maternal health, management of malnutrition in emergency contexts.
- Experience with Humanitarian NGO’s is a considerable advantage.
- The job holder must have a minimum of a Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- A Degree in Nursing will be highly desirable
- Knowledge of Community Development
- Enrolled nurse registered by NCK with proven knowledge in emergency response
- Excellent English and Swahili communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (or another main email system such as Microsoft Outlook)
- A team player, capable of working under pressure while observing set starndards
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Cross-cultural experience, sensitivity and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to community work and working in fragile context
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only