Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organization and the second biggest organization in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organizations forming one of the world’s largest aid organizations.
Finn Church Aid Kenya is looking for a
Project Coordinator – 1 Position
Duty Station: Nairobi, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet and West Pokot
The Project Coordinator is reponsible for county-level coordination and implementation of FCA Peace activities in the counties of Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet and West Pokot. The primary purpose is to work with relevant authorities and informal peace structures to support in inclusive peace building efforts.
Tasks and duties:
- Coordinate the overall implementation of peace project activities in FCA target counties including the planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and reporting (internal and external) of those activities
- Coordinate communications and meetings relevant to the peace project
- Coordinate with local partners and key stakeholders on programmatic, financial, procurement and logistical issues for the peace building project
- Maintain good relations and communication with project stakeholders
- Ensure meaningful participation of women in peace processes
- Preparing work plans and produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by FCA and donor/lead-partner reporting systems
- Promotes identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
- Maintain effective communication with the project team in FCA Kenya Country office and FCA HO
- Analyse country/county context to assigned project
- Perform other duties as assigned by Country director
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of FCA peace project in Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet and West Pokot
- Attending relevant coordination meetings
- Master’s degree in Peace/Conflict studies, Social Sciences preferably in, humanitarian affairs, disaster management, political science and/or development studies.
- Field working experience in the target counties; experience with donor funded projects an advantage
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Fluent written and oral English and local languages skills are appreciated.
- Proven team orientation skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Having no affiliation to the target areas in question that would result in a perception of bias by the communities.
- Excellent proposal writing skills.
How to Apply
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy job title in the subject line
Deadline for receiving applications is 13th December 2022
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualifications.