DKT Kenya / Uganda seeking a proactive and innovative Marketing Manager to promote and grow market share for DKT’s brands and products in consumer and pharmaceutical channels for its operations in Kenya and Uganda. In this role, you will be optimizing our marketing strategies, growing our market share, innovating products and approaches, and managing the marketing department budget and staff.
To ensure success, you will need extensive knowledge and experience developing and implementing marketing strategies, especially for pharmaceutical goods. An outstanding Marketing Manager will be someone whose expertise and enthusiasm translates into increased brand awareness, market share, and business growth.
- Establishing optimal brand positioning, identify consumer target audiences, and develop marketing and brand plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans in line with the business strategies and goals, including medical marketing strategies for pharmaceutical products.
- Ensuring the customer is at the center of everything done
- Overseeing branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns, including management of external agencies and stakeholders across multiple communication channels (mass media, out of home, digital, trade)
- Develop and execute effective trade marketing campaigns
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Establishing goals, objectives, and metrics for products by channels / segments
- Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
- Lead new product development based on market analysis and business strategies, including brand extensions, packaging design.
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Coordinating marketing strategies with the sales and programmatic teams
- Developing and managing the marketing department’s budget and staffing
- Preparing and presenting monthly, quarterly and annual reports to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with specialization in Marketing – Master’s degree in a related field (Marketing, Business) is preferred – Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Marketing field, with at least 5 years in a Managerial position – Experience in medical and/or pharmaceutical marketing an added benefit
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Solution-oriented; “can do” attitude – Self-motivated; results-driven – Communication and influencing skills – Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. – Effective analytical and decision-making skills. – Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies and partnerships, including advertising, digital, external and internal partners. – Demonstrated understanding of principles of market research and analysis to draw valid actionable conclusions. – Must possess ability to be a fast learner, creative, and adaptive – Expertise in using MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) is essential and some experience in creative software applications is useful.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a CV, Cover Letter, and at least three professional references with email title of “Marketing Manager” to email@example.com. The closing deadline for applications is December, 16th, 2022.