The selected candidate will conduct market surveillance on a broad range of listed securities to maintain a fair, efficient and transparent market..
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out real-time surveillance of listed securities and provide an early warning alert on market irregularity detected.
- Examine transactions showing irregular movements based on day-to-day surveillance of market movements and information obtained from various sources, including public and undisclosed information affecting listed security.
- Monitor trading, order matching and ensure that stockbrokers/ ATS operators comply with the NSE Trading Rules.
- Monitor and review print and electronic media reports and other relevant sources of information to identify securities requiring detailed analysis and investigation
- Identify exceptions to usual patterns of dealing and recommend further investigations against market participants involved in dubious deals violating NSE and CMA laws, rules and regulations.
- Identify people and early warning signs of unlawful conduct to prevent infractions and protect investors.
- Assist the Surveillance Manager in the preparation of the daily surveillance reports and quarterly market surveillance reports.
- Review and prepare preliminary reports on material announcements made by listed companies to ascertain compliance with the NSE’s continuous reporting obligations;
- Monitor and review manual and electronic newspaper reports, magazines, journals bulletin boards and other relevant information sources to obtain a list of stocks that have drawn major attention and concern to shareholders for detailed analysis and investigation.
- Assist the Manager, Compliance & Surveillance in reviewing and analysing the quarterly, interim and end-year financial reports of listed companies and Trading Participants for compliance with the Capital Market Rules and Regulations and the NSE Rules
- Undertake financial analysis of financial statements submitted to the Exchange by listed companies and trading participants
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Commerce, Business Management, Business Studies, Economics, Law or equivalent from a relevant field;
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant work experience in the capital markets; and
- Possession of professional qualifications such as CPA, CISI, CFA or FA.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of the capital markets
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the Trading Systems
- Planning and organisation skills
- Communication, information gathering, and presentation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Quality and time consciousness
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current salary and benefits as well as your expected salary, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Tuesday, 20th December 2022.
The Chief Executive
Nairobi Securities Exchange PLC
The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road P.O. Box 43633-