Area Accountability (Responsibility) PLANNING AND CONTROL.
- Implement business unit strategies to improve on efficiency on existing maintenance capability and create new capabilities for the workshops in order to save on costs on outsourced maintenance.
- Plan, budget and control expenditure within his area of control in order to maintain the business profitability. Plans Directs, supervises and controls the activities of all maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification of aircraft support equipment Set up of maintenance and procedures in the workshops meeting Kenya Airways and KCAA the requirements.
- Plan and ensure that sufficient resources are available and controlled in the workshop to ensure timely completion of aircraft components, aircraft structure, cargo and cabin equipment, plant and equipment repair /overhaul to maintain KQ quality standards. DELIVERABLES. Ensuring the company has a technical awareness, capability and market recognition in the area of NDT consistent with the company’s Business Plan.
- Ensure 95 % of the Aircraft components and equipment coming into the shop are released within stipulated industry TAT.
- Develop new inspection methods and/or programs that promote cost reduction activities Set up of maintenance and procedures in the workshops meeting Kenya Airways and KCAA the requirements.
- He/she ensures compliance with the workshop plans. Ensure that the applied resources comply with the regulatory requirements in order to maintain high safety and airworthiness standards. Ensures that Airframe workshops component records are maintained and controlled while the components are in the shop in order to maintain components traceability.
- Timely development of manpower resource and the state of the art facilities and equipment in the workshop in order to maintain and improve on workshops turnaround times.
- Deliver contracted Level III consultancy services to a high standard to ensure clients’ NDT facilities comply with industry standards, such as KCAA and EASA via regular on-site audits and frequent dialogue. Close Quality Audit findings within the stipulated time frames QUALITY, SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS. Iimplement systems and procedures in order to enhance the industrial safety environment in the workshops.
- Ensures overall security of aircraft components and equipment as per engineering security document.
- Document and Report all safety incidences to feed the Technical department Dashboard Ensure that engineers and technicians complete the relevant documentation correctly Must ensure that work are executed in a quality manner and within stipulated timeframes TEAM MANAGEMENT. Coach , mentor and guide the team to understand the expected deliverables and measures Discuss the team performance against the set target on a daily basis Coach and identify team members development needs Evaluate the benefit of all trainings attended in conjunction with the Manager
Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualification (Minimum) Engineering degree or Engineering Diploma in aeronautical with Dual type licence.
- Years of Experience (Minimum) At least 10 years working experience on aircraft or in a busy aircraft workshop.
- Additional Qualifications (Technical) SMS training.
- Management skills.
- NDT knowledge.
- Audit findings closure knowledge.
How to apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy your detailed Curriculum Vitae on the Kenya Airways iRecruitment portal, only by Friday, 30th December 2022.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.