Oxfam Kenya Programme is looking for an energetic and task-oriented Just Economies Programme Officer
The Just Economies Programme Officer will be a core member of the Mobilizing Progressive Domestic Resources for Quality Public Services (Tax Justice Programme) team under the Governance and Accountability Pillar which also involves work to promote, protect and advocate for civic space. The key areas of focus for this role will be to implement specific projects through effective programme management approaches, supporting partners to develop organizational capacity building so as to deliver high quality tax justice programmes, to establish and maintain linkages with other thematic and programmatic areas as well as with relevant state and non-state actors particularly at County level. The Fiscal Justice Programme Officer will be required to implement campaigning and influencing strategies, undertake research and monitoring, evaluation and learning as well as ensuring that the programme takes into account gender and active citizenship. The Programme Officer will also contribute to resource mobilization for co-financing of the projects to ensure that the programme is fully resourced.
Programme Management, Implementation and Resourcing – 30%
- Ensure that plans and objectives contribute to the broader country programme strategy and particularly on the Governance and Accountability theme, as well as involve collaboration with other programmes.
- Effective, timely and quality delivery of project activities and deliverables.
- Continuously monitoring implementation of the project activities including budget tracking and prepare monthly and periodic reports for sharing with Oxfam management, development partners and stakeholders.
- Budget management oversight.
- Ensure continuous coordination with the MEAL Advisor in implementing the monitoring and evaluation components of projects (for Oxfam and partners) and documenting the lessons learnt for their application, quality assurance and for adjustments to the project where necessary.
- Support in initiating new programme strategies that help achieve impact on the programme activities in close collaboration with Oxfam staff and other stakeholders.
- Work with other Oxfam project/programme staff and partners in developing new programme interventions and fundraising for project or programme financing.
- Perform any other tasks related to the project which maybe advised by the management from time to time.
Partnership management, coalition building and support – 40%
- Brokering, networking and managing partner relations with project partners, strategic partners, coalitions, networks and County Governments and Assemblies in the project areas.
- Support the partners in delivering the project targets and objectives including MEAL support, monitoring of partner project activities, review of work plans and budgets, facilitating linkages, learning as well as reporting.
- Maintain regular communication and positive relationships with other Oxfam staff, project partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Ensure and coordinate regular monitoring, quality, review and timely submission of partner narrative and financial reports.
- Ensure compliance of Oxfam and donor requirements on project delivery and reporting by partners.
Research, knowledge generation, campaigns and policy influencing – 25%
- Implementation of specified components of the project under the Fiscal Justice Programme that include influencing tax, debt and fiscal justice, public finance management including budget policies, legislation and decisions for the benefit of target beneficiaries.
- Through technical guidance, to support relevant research, policy analysis, and lobbying on tax policy and practice issues taking into consideration gender, inequality, extractives and active citizenship.
- To support partners on their influencing and campaigning strategies and activities.
- To support the design and implementation of public offline and digital campaigns relevant to the programme.
- To coordinate with the Communications and MEAL advisors on the documentation of the programme and partner information, learning and case stories for programme visibility and fundraising.
Human resource management – 5%
Manage consultants and researchers as required, in accordance with Oxfam policy and procedures.
How to Apply
To apply for the job, please click on the link below: