Reporting to: Senior Regional Representatives and/or country representatives and senior programme managers / Head of specific Thematic area.
Location: East Africa and Great Lakes
Application closing: 23 December, 2022
Interpeace is an international peacebuilding organization with a strong presence in East Africa and Great Lakes. Our aim is to strengthen the capacities of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways by assisting national actors in their efforts to develop social and political cohesion. Interpeace also works to assist the international community, particularly the United Nations, to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world. At the core of our work is our Track Six model, which is aimed at strengthening collaboration and trust horizontally between communities, and vertically between communities, civil society and authorities.
We apply this method on a range of thematic areas, including conflict mediation, participatory governance, mental health and psychosocial support, democratisation, gender and youth, security and justice sector reform, economic peacebuilding, trade and peace, cross border peacebuilding, amongst others.
To assist us in this work, Interpeace is establishing a roster of geographical and thematic experts for East, Central and Horn of Africa, and we encourage experienced consultants who have appropriate experience to apply.
- Horn of Africa
- Kenya (Especially North Rift and North Eastern)
- Great Lakes
- DR Congo
- Inclusive Peacebuilding & Resilience
- Inclusive Peacebuilding (gender, youth, minorities, disabilities, etc.)
- Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support & Peacebuilding.
- Peace Education
- Security and Justice Sector Governance and Reform
- Security Sector Reform (community security, community policing, DDR, ceasefire monitoring)
- Justice Sector Reform (Rule of Law, Access to Justice, Transitional Justice)
- Human Rights & Peacebuilding
- Conflict Mediation
- Mediation Training.
- Mediation Facilitation.
- Peace Responsiveness
- Conflict Sensitivity / Do No Harm experts.
- Conflict and Natural Resources
- Trade and Peace
- Peace Dividends
- Conflict Sensitivity
- Climate Change and Peacebuilding
- Participatory Governance.
- Electoral Dispute Resolution & Electoral Violence Prevention.
- Electoral Support (civic education, voter registration, etc.)
- Constitution Making.
- General Programmatic Support.
- Facilitation (meetings, strategy processes,
- Business Development (Proposal writing, fundraising, budget development, commercial contracting, etc.)
- Localization Support (partnerships, strategies, etc)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning & Analytical Programme Review
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research.
- Geographical Information System experts
- Graphic Designer
- Copy Editing & Translation (French, English, Swahili, Somali, Amharic, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi)
- Videographer with video editing skills
- Finance, Administration and Human Resources
- Team Building Facilitators
- Leadership framework development Experts
- HR strategy development experts
- Finance experts
Education and Experience
- Tertiary degree in relevant fields to the position you are applying for.
- A proven track record of minimally five years of relevant working experience in the above-mentioned fields.
- Strong contextual knowledge on any of the above-mentioned geographical areas.
- For the Horn of Africa, fluency in English is key, fluency in other national languages is an advantage.
- For the Great Lakes, fluency in French and English is key, fluency in other national languages is an advantage.
- Successful candidates will be automatically shortlisted for opportunities relevant to their geographical and thematic fields of expertise.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a complete curriculum vitae, a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23 December 2022, 23:59 pm, Nairobi time.
Your application/proposal should explicitly state the “Specific Thematic Area” you have expertise on, eg if your area of expertise is on Quantitative and Qualitative Research, we would expect to receive your proposal on this area. Also, this must appear in the subject line of the application email for consideration.
In addition, kindly include three examples of relevant work, e.g., written documents, videos, etc. To ensure sufficient work, we will only select a maximum of 3 experts per area. We will conduct interviews to fill a maximum of three positions per thematic area.
For more information about Interpeace, its values and working principles, please visit the Interpeace website www.interpeace.org.
Interpeace values diversity among its staff and consultants and aims to achieve gender equality both through gender parity at all levels of the organisation and promoting a gender dimension in all its work. We welcome applications from women and men, and those with disabilities.