To support the procurement function, SNV Kenya is seeking an intern to support with the day-to-day procurement activities for the organization.
The position holder is expected to adhere to the SNV procurement policy while undertaking the following specific activities:
- Support with the day-to-day procurement requests for various projects across the organization.
- Source for quotations and negotiate with suppliers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Receive and evaluate quotations from suppliers and make recommendations for award.
- Prepare Purchase Orders in line with SNV Kenya policy and send dully approved copies to all the relevant parties.
- Coordinate delivery of goods from vendors and dispatch to various SNV offices.
- Ensure timely delivery of items from various vendors and dispatch to various SNV Kenya country offices.
- Support with carrying out basic due diligence checks for suppliers.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on time.
- Any tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in procurement /supply chain management
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili; written and oral.
- Intermediate /advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Some previous experience in procurement not required but preferred
- Experience in SAP By Design preferred
- A fast thinker with creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and be accountable for results.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-starter
- A person of integrity
Method of Application