Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Inclusive Agriculture and Economic Growth Lead, Kenya
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an Inclusive Agriculture and Economic Growth Lead for an anticipated program in Kenya funded by USAID. The activity will improve the resilience of vulnerable populations and environments by increasing the capability of local communities, institutions, and ecosystems to mitigate against recurrent environmental, economic, socio and political risks, shocks and stressors.
The Inclusive Agriculture and Economic Growth Lead will collaborate with partners to develop high value, market-oriented value chains. The program is anticipated to start in 2023 and this position is envisioned to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Provide technical direction to agricultural productivity and value chain development activities
- Design strategic business and business skills advisory services
- Lead development and implementation of strategies to strengthen private sector investment in agriculture and promote economic growth
- Work closely with project staff, entrepreneurs, partners, and line ministries to enhance and engage private sector t and attract investment
- Assess the impact of financial products, adjusting as needed to increase economic growth
- Liaise with identified partners and conduct meetings with public and private sector actors including end market users, processors, aggregators, buyers, investors, government representatives, and other NGOs
- Train entrepreneurs and SME owners in business start-up and expansion
- Ensure activities are inclusive by addressing the obstacles faced by women and youth-led businesses to acquire financing
- Make recommendations to senior leadership for creative solutions to problems, new lines of work and promising partnerships, scaling up or scaling down interventions as a result of continuous learning
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, business administration, finance, marketing, international development, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience providing business development services to small and growing businesses, multi-sector experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance and advisory services to a range of financial service providers.
- Experience in training and facilitation in Kenya preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Kenyan nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.