The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the UN Migration Agency. With 174 member states it is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. Established in 1951 and now active in over 400 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to:
- Assist in meeting the operational challenges of migration and mobility
- Advance understanding of migration issues
- Encourage social and economic development through migration; and
- Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants and mobile populations.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
IOM’s Regional Office for the East and Horn of Africa supports and monitors the following countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Through a team of specialists, the Regional Office supports the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects and initiatives undertaken by country offices and regional programmes.
Under the overall supervision of Senior Resources Management Officer and under the direct supervision of the National ICT Officer, the ICT Assistant will provide overall assistance and daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure of the mission. The incumbent has to be competent in the technical aspect of desktop troubleshooting and user orientation.:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
- Ensure that all help desk queries are answered to appropriately via email, telephone call or in person. Install systems, network components and software; suggest best technical solutions in order to achieve required standards while taking into consideration local technical constraints.
- Installation and configuration of IOM corporate applications including SAP, Amadeus and Mimosa Web
- Manage problem solving, support and assistance for use of office technology (including but not limited to Microsoft Windows 7 and windows 8 Pro, Microsoft Office 2013, Adobe Acrobat).
- Install and re-locate the unit’s hardware and coordinate equipment servicing.
- Supply all IT equipment to Sub office and update all program about new changes in IT System. Make sure all computers sent to sub office are registered in IT Inventory and all standard software are instilled.
- Coordinate with Logistic department for all IT Equipment requested by all programs and schedule the delivery of the equipment to sub offices.
- Make sure all computers purchased are licensed with all standard software
- Update software inventory and inform all program about number of software requires for their sections.
- Inform users regularly of facilities and services available and advise staff of environmental changes
- Manage the regular updates of the antivirus database and the distribution of the updates to all the workstations.
- Manage the regular daily data protection system (backup), put and remote tapes, check the status of the backup and report to the specialist if there is any problem.
- Back-up to other RO ICT staff.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Mission.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or a combination of relevant education with 3 years of professional experience in the above field.
- High School Degree with 5 years of professional experience in the above field
- A minimum of five years of experience in LAN/WAN networking environment.
- Working knowledge of: Windows Server 2008 software in a multi-site environment. Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, TCP/IP Protocol, Cisco Router Configuration. Windows 7 administration.
- Experience with HP/Compaq, IBM, and Cisco and Siemon equipment. Ability to design and configure networks.
- Experience in working in an international organization.
- Strong software development skills; strong skills in SQL development, database integration with web-based applications are advantageous;
Required: Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required. Working knowledge of French; and/or any other UN Official language is advantageous.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Submit cover letter indicating the Position Title & Vacancy Notice Number (VN No.), and CV with telephone and e-mail contacts including 3 Referees (Supervisors) to: IOM, RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22 December 2022
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted. Click here to access the vacancy notice.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process, or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
From: 09.12.2022 to 22.12.2022