Overview of IPPF
IPPF is a global service provider and a leader advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all. IPPF provides SRHR services in 172 countries and runs approximately 65,000 service points worldwide. It seeks influence governments and other key decision-making bodies make policy and legislative changes that support or defend SRHR. IPPF also conducts a range of education, awareness and empowerment program that supports its key mandate of SRHR for all.
Background and overview of the engagement
The Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH2ACTION – W2A) program is IPPF’s flagship health program designed to transform the lives of millions of women and girls. Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), the £132 million WISH2ACTION program is providing integrated and holistic healthcare to 2.2m additional users of contraception in 10 countries across South/East Africa. The program is currently being delivered by a consortium of five internationally recognized organizations and 10 IPPF Member Associations (MAs). Program coordination is being managed by a Secretariat Hub, hosted by IPPF’s Africa Regional Office (ARO) in Nairobi, Kenya.
Through a consortium of IPPF Member Associations (MAs) and five internationally recognized organizations and led by IPPF, WISH prioritizes the most underserved women and girls, particularly youth under 20, the very poor, and other marginalized populations (including people with disability, people displaced or affected by humanitarian crisis, and people living in hard-to-reach areas).
The project currently needs creative and design work for all the documents and content being disseminated by the communications office.
Purpose/Objective of the proposed consultancy
The Human Resource consultant will oversee the Human Resources and Office functions of the WISH2ACTION project. (60% of the overall working time)
She/He will have to provide effective HR support to the Africa Region Office (ARO) as part of the deliverables set out below. (40% of the overall working time)
This involves managing the day to day office administrative and HR function of the project; recruiting the right talent and Consultants, enhancing staff performance, supporting employee development, and creating strong relationships with all the key stakeholders.
- Provide the day-to-day HR Advise and support managers associated with the WISH project, providing effective and pragmatic people solutions.
- Work with the Africa Region Office, Human Resources and Administration Manager, to ensure local and ministerial policies and processes are followed including management of work permit renewals for Expat staff and visa application.
- Work with ARO HR Manager to manage staff benefits: medical, insurance, pension, provident funds scheme, Payroll, home leave and Permanent health insurance.
- Take a lead role in the recruitment and onboarding of staff and Consultants for WISH project. Providing clarification on conditions of service, entitlement, benefits and ensure continuous feedback to concerned offices and staff members on status of recruitment or tender process.
- Implement the training policy, working closely with Managers to identify training institutions for staff and facilitate enrolment process and Manage staff development budget.
- Support line managers in the performance management process
- Provide advice on conflict management
- Implement HR ARO policy in the WISH project and support in the creation of a conducive work environment aligned to best practice
- Awareness creation to staff on relevant policies and procedures and implications of not adhering to them.
- Work closely with the HR Manager on the implementation of HR cascade system, ensuring that all leave and staff data is updated on the system.
- Participate on the development and roll out of the remaining modules on HRIS.
- Maintains personnel files and ensures that files are up to date
How to Apply
Apply online at https://bit.ly/3uv0wdW