Human Resources Consultant Roster (Multiple Locations in East Africa)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job holders operate with minimal supervision, and provide guidance to junior staff to ensure that operational and project objectives are achieved. They are heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work. Job holders provide advice on low complex issues, applying HR rules, regulations and expertise in making determinations and recommendations across a range of activities.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are building a Roster of Human Resources Generalists and Recruiters that will be comprised of highly competent professionals from around the world who can play a key role in helping our Country Offices across a variety of HR activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: Typically three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Broad or specialised knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client oriented service.
- Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This vacancy announcement is not tied to any currently open position or any specific duty station. It is a Roster for qualified applicants to express their interest for future upcoming short or mid-term (1 month to 11 months) HR Consultant opportunities in any of the WFP RBN countries. WFP RBN provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in Burundi, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda
All applications received will be reviewed and go through a selection process to asses relevant experience and qualifications. Applicants who meet the selection criteria may be contacted for further interviews or assessments and to confirm their interest and availability.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
APPLICATIOON DEADLINE: 06 March 2023