The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Nairobi, Kenya.
As Head of Finance you are responsible for the finance staff and all financial and administrative processes in Welthungerhilfe’s Kenya and Somalia programmes and projects. You will implement financial management standards efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work. As part of the Senior Management Team you will provide strategic and leadership input to the programme.
- Ensuring that all financial administrative processes in the Country Office are auditable and run efficiently through appropriate organisational measures and carrying out financial administrative controls
- Supporting the Country Director perform his/her supervisory duties within the framework of programme administration
- Instructing and supporting projects and project partner organisations (PPO) in matters relating to financial management so that they fulfil their contractual obligations towards Welthungerhilfe and co-financers
- Managing internal and external audits of projects and partner organizations
- Controlling and supervising liquidity planning of the projects and internal fund requests
- Evaluating financial and administrative requirements of new donors
- Coordinating the training of national and expatriate staff and PPO’s in the field of project administration in coordination with the Financial Advisory Unit at Head Office
- Approving of processes/giving authorisations according to the signature policy
- Providing qualified advice for the projects in administrative matters
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field e.g. finance and/or accounting
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the same or an equivalent position, preferably in the region
- Experience working with national partners and civil society in a coordinating role
- Experience with German (BMZ, GFFA) and European and private donor regulations would be an asset
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills, especially in financial management
- Willingness to travel to project areas
- Proven negotiation skills and strong intercultural competence
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to Apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 31, 2022, by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.