Do you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a project officer/grants and donor officer and want to join a dynamic team?
ACAPS is looking for a Grants and Donors Technical Officer to join its team. Please apply!
Purpose of the position
The Grants and Donors Technical Officer will provide support with funding and grant related activities, including collating and analysing data, drafting information for project proposals, new grants, tracking progress against indicators, providing quality control oversight of donor reporting, and providing guidance and support to ACAPS project teams and budget holders across all stages of the project management cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a project officer/grants and donor officer, or in a similar role within a national/international NGO/humanitarian funding agency
- Basic understanding of donor requirements and procedures
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts desirable
- Solid knowledge of computer software
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organise multiple, simultaneous tasks, and deliver results within a specified period
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
ACAPS is dedicated to helping humanitarians make better decisions. We want to put evidence at the heart of decision-making. To achieve this, we collaborate with a variety of partners across the humanitarian sector and beyond. We strive to be an evolving platform providing:
- Independent analysis to support evidence-based decision making for humanitarian operations.
- Deployment of experts to support assessments and analysis in crisis.
- Innovative approaches to collect more reliable and timely data and conduct rigorous analysis
- Capacity development of humanitarian actors to carry out better needs assessments and analysis.
ACAPS is a project hosted by NRC and therefore follows its administrative, financial, and donor policies, systems and guidelines.
Operate in line with the ACAPS values
ACAPS is a dynamic and independent organisation. The culture is enshrined in the ACAPS values (here). The post holder is expected to develop the position in line with these values. The ACAPS values live in the way we manage our teams, create our content and engage with stakeholders.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter in your application through the NRC platform here.
You can find the full job description here.
*This is a one-year contract (1st January 2023-31 December 2023).
Please note that only Kenyan nationals can apply.