KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Grants & Partner Management
• Ensure departments comply with all donor rules, regulations, and award conditions to ensure funds are used for the intended purpose.
• Monitor deposits & money transfers and maintain balances to ensure project needs are met.
• Ensure all costs related to the grant are charged to avoid overspending and underspending within projects.
• Monitor budget spends and account for any variances.
• Participate in grant proposal development and extensions and provide technical support in development of grant budgets
• Monitor financial performance for grants and produce reports according to donor reporting requirements
• Manage preparation, consolidation and distribution of timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements reflecting status of projects and or programs based on donor requirements
• Facilitate the transfer of funds to partners, monitor fund utilization and ensure partners understand and complete the financial reports.
• Carry out periodic review of internal control environment affecting both program and support operations for potential risk exposures
• Monitor compliance with grant funding requirements and provide appropriate guidance to programme and partner staff including allowable and non-allowable costs, grant closeout, preparation of budget modifications and requests for carry over or extensions as needed.
• Consolidate regular progress reports from the projects managers and provide donor reports. Ensure donor rules are adhered to and reporting instructions followed
• Regularly review of partner organization’s reports and provide them with documented feedback ensuring they comply with FTA
Financial Management Guidelines
• Manage timesheets
• Post and review all expenditures and transactions in Oracle, according to programme and projects budgets and FTA’s internal financial procedures
• Ensure that all information required for audit is available including financial reports and schedules
• Review payments, journal entries, cost allocations and other postings into accounting system and ensure proper coding, data quality and integrity of all accounting/financial transactions
• Analyse risk areas in internal controls and recommend mitigating measures
• Carry out monthly reconciliations of partner accounts.
• Ensure all partners /staff comply with the Internal control procedures at FTA.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or in a related field
• Professional accounting qualification such as CPA-K, ACCA
Experience and Knowledge
• At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position in an international non-governmental organization
• Experience in managing large donor-funded budgets and donor reporting
• Knowledge of grants management, donor contracting, monitoring of expenditure, budgeting, donor/financial reporting.
• Experience working with a multitude of donors/funding partners.
• Experience in enforcing internal financial procedures
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Proficiency in the use of accounting systems, in particular Oracle NetSuite.
• Advanced book-keeping skills, including the ability to analyse financial information and prepare complete financial statements.
• Strong financial planning and management skills.
• Ability to analyze and synthesis complex information quickly and effectively.
• Strong networking and relationship building ability; ability to work with a range of stakeholders, internal and external, including senior staff and donors.
• Advanced excel skills
How to Apply
Apply online at https://fairtradeafrica.net/vacancies-2/