The successful candidate will be expected to provide quality surgical services to Hospital clients, participate actively in quality improvement activities including continuing medical education. He / she will be expected to be an active member of the multidisciplinary health care team and contribute to the continuing professional development programs in the Hospital.
- Provide clinical inpatient, outpatient and on-call general surgical services.
- Assess patients and formulate diagnoses to determine the need for surgery.
- Review patients’ medical history and plan the best procedure for treatment.
- Evaluate patients for surgery as per standard international surgical practice guidelines.
- Evaluate and advise patients on the risk involved with having surgery.
- Perform surgical procedures to prevent or correct injury, disease, deformities, and patient function while adhering to regulatory and ethical protocols.
- Ensure established standard surgical techniques are followed during surgery.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures.
- Ensure standard infection control and patient safety measures and sterility in the operating room, and all equipment and instruments.
- Adhere to WHO safe surgery check list to ensure safe surgical practices in the operating room.
- Direct and coordinate activities of Hospital staff for proper patient care.
- Oversee all treatments prior to and post-surgery and identifying associated risks.
- Maintain the highest regard for patient dignity and observing the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients.
- Plan and execute disease/illness prevention and health promotion programs.
- Coordinate follow-up meetings with patients and monitor their health condition after surgery or treatment.
- Organize and actively participate in seminar-based and clinical learning activities for ongoing professional development
- MMed or equivalent in Surgery from a University recognized by CUE.
- Registered, licensed, and retained by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- At least two-three years working experience after postgraduation.
- Expertise in laparoscopic (Minimal Access) Surgery and breast oncological surgeries will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work with diverse groups and commitment to advancing workplace diversity.
- Collaborative partner who values teamwork and integration.
- Demonstrate and inherent Integrity, honesty and evidence-based practices.