A LITTLE ABOUT US
Since 2015, Boma International Hospitality College (BIHC) has passionately trained and influenced young and aspiring hoteliers to shape one of the oldest industries since time.
We believe in offering life-long learning that is innovative, with hands-on-the-practical skills that can be utilized to offer solutions to our world’s most dynamic and ever-changing industry. This mantra has sailed us through to be a TVET Centre of Excellence for Hospitality Training and marks just the beginning of an incredible journey ahead.
We’re also rooted in our Purpose and guided by our Values, which include Professionalism, Passion, Growth and Timeliness. We recognize that the only way we can to achieve this Purpose is to work with and engage a diverse workforce that reflects the communities and industry we serve. By creating an inclusive work environment where all feel like they belong and are respected for their unique contributions to our mission, this purpose can easily shape into a reality.
In addition to the requirements below, we recognize that people come with diverse talents and experiences beyond the scope indicated and such we still encourage you to apply.
YOUR POSITION WITH BIHC: Food and Beverage Service Manager & Lecturer
HOW YOU WILL FIT INTO OUR MISSION: We pride in being a small community that ensures that every participant is known at an individual level in order to understand their specific needs and constantly assess that these needs are met. We believe in high standards of professionalism which come with discipline and upholding ethical standards. This is evidenced by the emphasis put on instituting a professional dress code among staff and learners, an aspect that is embraced by the management of the college. We have an open culture that encourages communication within the different hierarchical levels.
WHAT YOU WILL DO (Your responsibilities will include):
As the Food and beverage service manager, you will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of restaurants, bars, cafeterias and other businesses that operate serving food and beverage at BIHC. You will be responsible for managing all F&B operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all Food and Beverage service operations for the institution.
- Manage all food and beverage facilities/outlets and ensure optimal cleanliness and safety procedures in efficient working.
- Manage inventory and order food and beverages equipment and supplies
- Review and enforce service quality standards in compliance with the organizations SOPs.
- Inspect Food & Beverage supplies, equipment and work areas
- Perform controls in the bar to standardize operations and sanitation.
- Ensure students comply with health, food safety standards and regulations
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality and service
- Maintain budgets and review financial transactions
- Establish standards for students performance and customer service
- Co-coordinate activities of the kitchen and service students
- Compile and liaison with the Culinary Arts Lead, menu for students training and restaurant food service areas and student dining
- Monitor Food and & Beverage orders and any needed work with the Chef to remedy any delays in service.
- Managing the operations of the coffee shop
- Strategize on new products and service offerings
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
THE SKILLS AND COMPETENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management and or Events or it’s equivalent
- Proven experience as F & B Service manager
- A deep understanding of, commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
- Outstanding F & B techniques and interpersonal relationship skills
- Capacity to spot, resolve issues efficiently and to work under extreme pressure
- Ability to train students in executing different service styles and techniques at the training restaurant.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Mastery in delegating multiple task
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Strong working knowledge of related computer software, including restaurant management software.
- Ability to adhere to budgets, manage personnel and meet financial targets.
- Exceptional organizational, leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written), and be extremely guest focused.
- Must have attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task; follow up and leadership skills.
- Ability to forecast food and beverage needs.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to balance risks and opportunities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An absolute commitment to upholding the College Values. In particular, commitment:
- to prioritize the needs of students
- to act with integrity, authenticity & respect at all times
- to secure continuous improvement and excellence
- to focus on coaching and developing others to reach their full potential
HOW YOU CAN JOIN US:
Apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Sunday, 18th December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: BIHC is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.