DKH is looking to hire a finance officer to support the finance and administration function of the Somalia Crisis programme (SCP) from the regional office in Nairobi.
Reports to: Finance & Grants Manager
Tasks of this position (amongst others)
- Raising payment requests for settlement of expenses incurred by the Somalia Crisis Programme and following up on payment processing.
- Posting /booking payments and other entries related to the SCP in the accounting software.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, final and ad hoc financial reports for the Somalia programme.
- Preparation of monthly cash/ bank reconciliations for the Somalia Crisis Programme.
- Treasury management of the Operations budget including cash forecasting, funds requisitions and reconciliations between other projects.
- Support the finance control officer in Mogadishu in controlling projects assigned by the supervisor to ensure compliance with donor policies and requirements.
- Ensure proper and complete documentation of all payments by the financial policies and procedures of DKH.
- Reconciliation of payments made by the Regional Office on behalf of the Somalia Crisis Programme and vice versa.
- Assist in the coordination of audits.
- Reconciliation of project balances as per the final reports presented to HQ and the DKH accounting software.
- Identification of office/programme needs and follow-up on the subsequent procurement process with the logistics and procurement department.
- Provide remote support to the Somalia team on the administrative and procurement processes.
- Assist the Finance and Grants Manager in the preparation and management of the Operations budget and master budget.
- Provide support to the finance and Grants manager in donor reporting
- Support in the administration of the Health insurance scheme for the Mogadishu staff.
- Preparation of yearly financial plans for the office.
- Participate in monitoring visits to Somalia when necessary.
- Assist in designing financial reporting templates for partners and DKH at the beginning of each project.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business administration) or other relevant fields from a recognized university.
- CPA II qualification or ACCA equivalent
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in INGOs
- Computer literate with significant experience in Microsoft Office packages and proficiency in MS Excel
- Significant experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software.
- Great interpersonal skills with a strong analytical approach to problem-solving & management
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good team player with cultural sensitivity in a diverse team with players of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds
- Strategic and critical thinker who can take proactive initiatives for changes
- Willingness to travel to complex environments e.g. Somalia
- High resilience, improvisation, and flexibility
- Compliance with DKH code of conduct and PSEA standards
How to Apply
The DKH-Somalia Crisis Programme is an equal opportunities employer. Female and disabled candidates will be preferred in case of competitive relevant qualifications.
If you are the right candidate, please explain your motivation and abilities to fill this position by sending a signed application letter, your signed CV, list of references (all in .pdf format) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “FO-SCP” followed by your name in the subject line.
The application deadline is Friday, 10th February 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.