The role holder will be responsible for conducting Compliance Reviews against the established Enterprise Architecture Blueprints, publish the state of compliance and gaps as well as create a roadmap in consultation with System owners to remediate weakness and map the journey towards target Architecture State. The holder will need to be adept at analyzing complex systems, interrelations, and initiatives, applying appropriate best practice frameworks/methodologies to establish the current state of maturity as well as map the most relevant steps towards the desired state and track the progress.
- Understand Bank’s Business Landscape, Technologies that support it and their relative contribution to the bank’s success to enable correct prioritization and effort focusing.
- Create reviews and Assurance plans based on Architecture Segments, Architecture Domains, Business Area, Geographical region, Business Divisions, Technology Departments or Systems or customer touchpoints and engage the relevant stakeholders to formalize the plans and expectations.
- Maintain the target/approved state of the various Architecture Components (Blueprints) for review and design a detailed test backed by appropriate best practice.
- Identify relevant Stakeholders and Communicate with them to ensure understanding of Assurance goals, milestones, deliverables, and individual roles and responsibilities in the process.
- Facilitate engagements on the Assurance findings, exploring opportunities and Solutions to create a roadmap and remediation plan for issues found as well as gaps in achieving the target Architecture state.
- Ensure Propper tracking of the projects, initiatives put in place to remediate the compliance deficits and agreed roadmap, periodically conducting confirmation/verification checks, and reviewing escalations.
- Maintain a tight grip on Technical Debt across the group ensuring remediation efforts are on course and any deviations are appropriately reviewed and approved.
- Review the solutions design and development process ensuring a proactive approach to dealing with noncompliance of architectural principles, guidelines, and Standards.
- Provide regular updates to Technology Leadership and Other Stakeholders on the current state of Technology and the journey towards achieving the desired Architecture State.
- Proactively identify, plan, and communicate risks and roadblocks in the achievement of the target Architectural State and manage/escalate them appropriately
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field of study.
- An IT Certification in either of the following: COBIT, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CGRC
- A minimum of 4 years’ progressive experience in Technology, with at least 3 years’ experience in in at least two IT disciplines such as (business architecture, application architecture, application development, middleware, microservices and SOA
- 3 years’ experience in Audit, Governance or Risk functions
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, cloud, and processing environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of software delivery processes, and methodologies (i.e., waterfall, agile, hybrid) & DevOps.
- Excellent understanding of Office Automation Suite with ability to document and report on various aspects of compliance.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization to drive adoption of Enterprise Architecture.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 30th December 2022.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted