About the role
This role is responsible for providing in-country driving support to the country programme in liaison with other colleagues in the Finance & Operations functions. You will be expected to ensure vehicles and associated equipment safety and maintenance, and security management for the teams while in the field. Fleet management and supporting with administrative responsibilities while in the office.
- Travel plan management for all staff and visitors and driving staff, visitors, goods or service providers on strategic trips, to high-risk contexts or on long distances.
- Fleet management ensuring that all vehicles are well maintained, insured, sufficiently fueled, clean and stocked with safety equipment.
- Ensure that staff assigned any vehicle hand them back in good condition, with vehicle logs filled appropriately filled and a checklist of car condition and safety equipment done.
- Ensure vehicles logs, maintenance logs are appropriately kept within agreed frameworks.
- Ensure efficient use of vehicles, avoiding single person journeys and unnecessary movements through careful planning and facilitation of effective communication amongst staff needing transport support services.
- Positive communication and successful negotiation (in line with Christian Aid’s policies and procedures) with officials and security or police forces, particularly at check points and border crossings.
- Communication devices properly used and maintained.
- All paperwork for vehicle, deliveries or other documentation correctly completed and recorded.
- Candidates should be educated to at least secondary school general certificate level with training in driving and must have valid driving license and any other documentation required to drive a vehicle and passengers.
- You should have extensive experience in driving within the country and understanding of the various terrains in country and possess skills and expertise in dealing with security and other officials in ensuring adherence to traffic rules.
Method of Application