The role of the DDO Associate I will be to:
- Provide prompt, efficient and effective operational support by entering into LOB systems requisite customer and related product information as per given documentation, performing verification and quality assurance of customer data & information on the customer record and CRM data.
- Manage and maintain all company’s physical documents and records.
- Co-ordinate activities and support services within the Registry function.
- Give effective supervision to the outsourced registry assistants.
- Scanning, assembling and franking of policy documents and dispatch process.
- Daily & monthly reporting of registry and policy assembly processes.
- Ensure client details/ instructions are accurately and timely processed in line with the requisite processes.
- Co-ordinate any out-sourced services of document storage and retrieval.
- Policy document: printing, franking, assembly and scanning to DMS.
- Ensure timely dispatch of assembled policy schedules to branches within TAT.
- Processing the completion of new business, client services e.g. issuance of policy documents while adhering to set procedures and guidelines thus limiting the exposure to risk and litigation.
- Verifying stamp duty amount due on the sum assured.
- Dispatch and tracking of policy documents to branches.
- Physical document handling:
a) Receipt and verification of records submitted by branches and business units.
b) Arrangement and retrieval of physical documents.
c) Sorting of documents and verifying their attachments.
d) File recording: tracking, safe movement and custody of client files and policies between branches & HQ.
e) Quarterly archiving of files not in current use.
f) General Registry work as assigned by a DDO team lead.
- Accurate and timely processing of client requests.
- Manage escalation reports of recurrent issues vis-à-vis agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Escalate quality issues to Operations manager for management.
- Participate in development of knowledge base within DDO.
Key Performance Measures:
As described in your Personal Score Card.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- A Degree or diploma in Records Management or Information Science.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy Registry / Archives or branch.
- Computer Literate; emphasis on Microsoft Office and EDMS.
- Minimum grade of C PLAIN in KCSE secondary education.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of insurance products.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Should possess functional knowledge, be result oriented and have problem solving skills.
- Technical skills to effectively perform activities at the Registry in a manner that consistently produce high quality service to customers.
- Consistency in adherence to the application of established policies, processes, procedures and tools in achieving compliance requirements, optimal efficiency, and resource utilization.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage expectations (internal) and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Ability to take initiative/responsibility to ensure that daily duties, routines and related additional tasks are completed timely.