Counter Fraud Officer – Case Management
The individual will work closely with Save the Children International’s Counter Fraud Leads (henceforth, CFLs) across regions to ensure timely case management and effective response to allegations of fraud.
- Support the Regional CFLs in timely and quality case management processes end-to-end
- Staying alert to emerging fraud trends in the sector and, in consultation with CFLs, adapting analytical routines to address the new risks
- Support ongoing investigations and ensure timely follow up with in-country Counter Fraud Focal Points on investigation processes
- Support the CFLs in identifying impacted donor funding on fraud incidents reported
- Conduct bi-annual spot checks on Fraud Risk Assessments to monitor progress on implementation of mitigation measure
- Support with core departmental processes, initiatives, and priorities as defined by Global Counter Fraud Director /Head of Counter Fraud
- Supporting the CFLs in the coordination of fraud management administration and communication – including but not limited to:
- Support in stakeholder communications relating to fraud incident reports and investigation updates;
- Support with case management through timely, quality updates and uploads to SCI’s case management system (Datix); and
- Support in the planning and coordination of logistics for fraud trainings sessions conducted by the Regional Fraud lead and other members of the global fraud team (face-to-face awareness training, investigation trainings, Fraud Focal point trainings etc.)
- Input to investigation templates, identify and design best practice guidance as appropriate
In the event of a significant or major event, the post-holder maybe expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post-holder may be required to get involved in special projects within the fraud function as appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong analytical skills to be able to identify fraud risk areas in complex operational environments from both structured (financial systems) and unstructured data (conversations, investigation reports, complaints etc.);
- Demonstrable understanding of the importance of counter fraud activities and mechanisms for reducing fraud;
- Excellent investigative ability with proven track record
- Aware of current best practices in investigation techniques
- Excellent communicator and facilitator, able to clearly and confidently articulate and present findings with impact;
- Strong negotiating skills to influence all levels of staff, showing ability to work collaboratively and with peers from different departments;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Membership of a professional anti-fraud body and/or professional data analytics certification.
- Proficiency in one of SCI’s languages
- Knowledge of SCI systems including Agresso, TIM, ER/CAM, PPM Prime, Datix etc.
- Contract duration: 2 years
Location: East and Southern Africa Regional Office – Nairobi.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents