JOB ADVERTISEMENT – COORDINATOR- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Job title: Coordinator- Business Development
Programme/Dept: Finance and Investments
Reports to: Finance & Investments Manager
Work station: Nairobi
Supervision: Sales & Marketing officer; Quality Assurance officer
Duration: 1 year
Application deadline: 18h January 2023
Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a global coalition against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
TI-Kenya in its 2022-2027 strategy aims to diversify and grow its resource base, by acquiring and reserving sufficient resources to enable it to offer its products and services as a going concern in a stable way into the foreseeable future.
The Business Development Coordinator will be tasked with implementing, refining, and facilitating the business/social enterprise strategies to advance TI-Kenya’s objectives. He/She will use TI-Kenya’s brand to position TI-Kenya as a leading anti-corruption business model, increase its market presence, and drive growth in anti-corruption related products and services to ensure the financial sustainability of TI-Kenya’s anti-corruption work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Finance & Investments Manager, the job holder shall perform the following duties:
- 1 Leadership
- Provide effective leadership to the staff within the department, including mentorship, coaching, team building, on-the-job training to enhance employee performance and other leadership interventions.
- 2 Business Development
- Business planning: Update TI-Kenya’s business plan to be used in implementing the business arm and assess progress against the approved plan;
- Market analysis: Identify trends in the governance and anti-corruption industry by researching on related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments and creating linkages with TI Kenya’s products and services;
- Stakeholder mapping: Locate and propose potential business partners and clients; undertake regular funder mapping as a basis for funding portfolio diversification (corporate foundations, private sector, philanthropists etc.);
- Build TI-Kenya’s market position as a business brand by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and maintaining business relationships with external stakeholders;
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- 3 Resource Mobilization & Budget Management
- Lead the development of TI-Kenya’s Endowment Policy and set-up of a Restricted Endowment Fund as one of the investment initiatives;
- Strengthen social enterprise orientation: Generate additional resources from consultancies and investments, including taking lead in submitting bids;
- Build external relationships with stakeholders on anticorruption work via trade shows, conferences, networking, and gather new sources of information, intelligence, and insights; and translate this to business opportunities for TI-Kenya;
- Local resource mobilization: Strengthen local/ downward accountability and internal efficiencies and be a liaison of pooled resource mobilization between TI-Kenya and other actors/consortia;
- Meet business development financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; quality assurance plans;
- Develop resourcing strategies that effectively respond to long-term and short-term business development Organisational objectives.
- 4 Institutional Learning and reporting
- Develop a plan for capacity building on business development support;
- Instill a culture of a learning organization by collaborating with various employees and programmes as well as assigning specific activities to support the learning culture;
- Prepare timely and regular reports on business development to the Management;
- Facilitate access to business development data for the relevant stakeholders.
- 5 Quality Assurance
- Establish and maintain effective Quality Assurance functions in compliance with national and international quality and industry regulations/standards;
- Coordinate the production of consistent quality merchandise and services, based on set standards and specifications;
- Coordinate the documentation of quality procedures, standards and specifications as guidelines to ensure high standards of services and products;
- Coordinate the review of merchandise, evaluation of product field performance and reliability, and recommend corrective changes to production processes or quality controls to eliminate the problems;
- Implement and monitor programs that ensure continuous quality.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business, Management, International Affairs or a relevant discipline from a recognized institution;
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is an added advantage;
- At least 5 years business experience at senior level in an NGO/CSO/ international development sector;
- Experience in supporting corporate / business development;
- Experience in supporting strategic business plans and projections;
- Ability to communicate and influence a broad variety of business leaders, both internally and externally and with varying levels from functional personnel to senior leaders of companies;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, managing several projects at a time, and eliminating/overcoming unproductive, low priority, or low probability tasks and projects is required.
- A person of high integrity that will model TI-Kenya’s core values;
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of TI-Kenya;
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills – verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal / relational skills;
- High level strategic thinking;
- Creativity and networking skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent leadership, managerial and organisational skills;
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability;
- Decision making and problem-solving skills;
- Relationship building and maintenance and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Multitasking/Time Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the questionnaire by clicking the link: https://forms.office.com/e/zYzgjavtKc Further instructions include submitting one properly labelled PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference Coordinator- Business Development as the subject of your email applications. Do not attach your testimonials or certificates. The deadline for application is on 18th January 2023 at 5.00PM.
TI-Kenya holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy towards all forms of Sexual Exploitation, Harassment and Abuse (SEAH) in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. The organisation has strict policies which outline the expected behavior, code of conduct and responsibility of all persons acting on behalf of TI-Kenya, including policies to safeguard children and vulnerable adults. If selected, we will perform a background check on you and request that you submit a police certificate of good conduct.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on the ability to perform the required job duties. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, only shortlisted candidates who qualify to the next recruitment stage will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and we do not recruit through recruitment agents