RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model that provides protection, shelter, education, case management, counselling, childcare, vocational training, and legal support. RefuSHE’s holistic programming meets the imminent needs of unaccompanied, separated, and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a registered non-governmental organization with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a 501(c)3 charitable organization with offices in Chicago, USA. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past fifteen years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with teams across the organization to identify stories of impact.
- Support collection of impact stories and thought leadership articles (opinion pieces) within RefuSHE’s strategic objectives.
- Coordinate with Program teams to ensure donor communications and visibility requirements are met.
- Identify opportunities to support organizational initiatives and develop communications materials and programs to promote and publicize these activities.
- Create high quality content for dissemination via RefuSHE’s platforms.
- Assist in implementing and executing communications strategies, campaigns, events, and other initiatives in support of the program activities.
- Support in production of key publications.
- Contribute to communications editorial and events calendar.
- Help build and maintain mailing lists, media lists and support other contact management activities.
- Develop and schedule relevant social media content to drive engagement and strengthen RefuSHE’s public profile.
- Assist in coordinating the development of marketing materials, and external communications materials.
- Conduct research to inform communication activities e.g., news alerts, relevant events, speaking opportunities, PR cultivation opportunities.
- Support RefuSHE’s Fashion Challenge 2023 event planning and execution.
- Update and maintain marketing and communications multimedia resources.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Recent graduate with a degree in Communications, PR, Marketing or related course
Related Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated interest in communications, public relations, development communication, social causes.
- Knowledge of social media and current trends.
- Strong writing abilities and computer skills.
- Willingness to conduct research and provide creative ideas for content
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
How to Apply
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title “COMMUNICATIONS INTERN” in the email subject line, by close of business on
Friday 23rd June 2023.
We appreciate all applications received, however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.