||Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure compliance to all relevant policies,processes and procedures is achieved so that work is carried out in acontrolled and consistent manner.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Promote and maintain a positive safety culture, ahealthy, secure and cost-effective operation for Kenya Airways and CustomerAirlines operations and ensure compliance with the relevantindustry/legislative requirements and company procedures to ensure a healthyand safe work environment.
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidentsand accident.
- Ensure guests are updated regularly on their baggagestatus – as defined in PHM 7.9.2 – Note (ii)
- Communicate to Station Managers, GHA’s,guests on delayed baggage status to increase the tracing speed and promptfeedback to guests.
- Monitor the quality of tracing filesopened and closed (incl. RL – Reason for Loss, CS – Costs, FS – Fault Station).
- Validate and ensure upfront FNE Paymentwithin the documented policy and guidelines.
- Prepare the tracing, delivery and guestcontact report for Outstations.
- Validate and monitor timely opening andclosure of baggage files in Outstations.
- Track and confirm the baggage deliverystatus.
- Monitor the Right now tool and ensuretimely closure on all incidents raised.
- Timely response to all queries related toBaggage, both from passengers and other stations.
- Enforce the baggage tracing standards inOutstation in line with company policy and documented procedure i.e.
- PHM Appendix S – Daily Station BaggageChecklist
- PHM Chapter 7.8 – Baggage Arrival.
- PHM Chapter 7.9 – Baggage Tracing
- Follow-up on the forwarding of delayedbags
- Validate insurance costing and follow upwith stations to initiate insurance processes for not traced bags.
- Monitor MSF and ensure correct entriesare captured.
- Identify and report hazards, nearmisses, incidents and accidents
- Adhere to KQ WAY principles andbest practices.