With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The Business Analyst is responsible for serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to translate business needs into IT requirements. The incumbent is involved in all phases of the design, development and implementation of technology solutions throughout the business case and development life cycle processes. As an individual contributor, the incumbent is responsible to work closely with head of IT &Digital in championing IT
Change and Innovation through adoption of IT Enabled Services and Solutions.
Based on breadth and depth of understanding of WVK’s business needs and processes, the job holder is expected to collaborate with other IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible and determine how such solutions will impact existing
work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration.
Planning & Liaison– 15%
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy and direction.
- Participates in short-term planning sessions with a client to implement process improvement within an assigned client area.
- Assists with drafting of proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers.
- Develops and assists in the presentation of business cases.
- Serves as the link between the business, third party vendors and the IT technical team
Business Requirements Documentation– 40%
- Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analysing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and provide advice on options.
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyses customer’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
Business Process Improvement – 10%
- Analyses and recommends improvements to business processes and models.
- Assists with prioritizing business process improvements.
- Documents current business processes and models.
Business Communications & Consulting – 15%
- Promotes an understanding of IT roles, processes and activities to the business units.
- Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project status.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from the initial requirements phase to final implementation phase of projects.
- Actively participates in the creation, review and analysis of user stories/epics in projects utilizing agile development methodology.
SLA & Business Value Realization– 10%
- May develop Service Level Agreements (SLA) or select vendors for clients in accordance with IT standards and specifications as required
- Work with various business units to drive utilization of IT services and solutions to drive maximum value from the investment.
Customer Support– 10%
- Monitors and analyses metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provides documentation, training, and guidance for IT clients
- Provides responsive support for problems found during normal working hours as well as outside normal working hours.
Knowledge and Professional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or another related field.
- 4-5 years of relevant technical or business work experience.
- Requires working knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes
- Communication for Results: Excellent communication skills with ability to engage and coherently communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate depth of Business Enterprise Knowledge
- Process change management
- Good customer service skills and experience
- Excellent business relationship skills
- Ability to relate technical issue to a largely non-technical audience
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems.
- Technical certification in one or more IT disciplines or technology. E.g. Certified Business Analyst
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only