WF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners
Lutheran World Federation Kenya- Somalia, Kakuma Program is seeking to recruit a National staff for the following position;
Assistant Supply chain Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all procurement aspects of the project based on LEF/DWS policies and guidelines.
- Ensure project proposals and budgets reflect procurement considerations.
- Develop and implement procurement plans
- Ensure integrity in the procurement process including quotation, negotiation, award and management of supply and service contracts
- Enhance the control systems in procurement by conducting regular market surveys and timely follow procurement regulations,
- Conduct timely performance evaluations for procurement assistants and implement staff development plans.
- Provide orientation to new staff and visitors on procurement issue for LWF Kakuma field office
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for procurement and status or as may be requested from time to time
- Source quotations from prequalified suppliers and analyze the data.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management plus membership to a professional recognized body
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in purchasing and supplies management.
- Demonstrated knowledge procurement/contract principles
- Demonstrated knowledge Contract administration
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
A person of high integrity that will model LWF/WS Kenya Somali Program core values:
- Dignity and justice
- Compassion and commitment
- Respect for diversity
- Inclusion and participation
- Transparency and accountability
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Disclosure: The LWF participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme developed by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response, which requires LWF to conduct reference checks with prior employers including questions about employee misconduct. By proceeding with this job application, you consent to LWF requesting a Statement of Conduct from previous employers. This Statement of Conduct is requested from previous employers for all candidates for employment and provided to all employers that request it from LWF.
The closing date for this application is 24th January 2023.
Contract Duration: Annual Fixed Term, with possibility of renewal.
Position is open to Kenya Nationals only.