The job holder is responsible for design, development, documentation, testing, and debugging new and existing software systems and system modules for SAP proprietary software for internal use
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new modules and extensions in SAP ERP based on client needs
- Perform custom development activities, including application design, coding, testing, documentation, and unit testing
- Maintain, enhance and repair existing applications and application modules
- Be responsible for the technical implementation of future changes to the system for one or more functional domains
- Provide SAP end-user support including analysis, design, development, testing, tracking, and resolution of system bugs
- Conduct incident and problem analysis, data gathering, investigation, and resolution of issues, and provide technical consultancy, assistance, and support
- Create reports based on data from the system or use the system to analyze data
- Transform business requirements into technical design documents, perform high-level system design, analysis, and programming tasks
- Prepare documentation (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, rollback instructions, etc.) to ensure that they meet set quality criteria for each component
- Develop quality code and its associated documentation adhering to team and departmental development standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, or any other IT-related field.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, and Telecommunications is an added advantage
- Proven understanding of SAP ABAP development concepts, guidelines, and SAP architecture
- Experience in SAP BW, SAP HANA, and SAP Business Objects
- Knowledge of ERP systems in any kind of industry
- Knowledge of SAP Scripts, Outputs, Labels
- Advanced ABAP and ABAP OO Skills
- Experience in customizing SAP landscapes
- SAP business process
- SAP Standard and Custom Reports
Relevant Work Experience/ Skills Required
Minimum of 4 years of experience in the following fields and at least one year in a supervisory role.
- SAP ABAP design and development
- SAP Netweaver
- ABAP Workbench
- ABAP Development Tools
- SAP HANA and SAP FIORI development
- SAP Transaction (t-codes)
- ABAP Dictionary
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)