The Assistant Media Relations and Reputation Management is responsible of facilitating strategic communication to the external public through the Media (both Print and Electronic Media). The job holder functions as a key part of the Authority’s public information team, supporting relations with the media and ensuring effective communication of the Authority’s message through the use of such tools as press releases, media communication kits, Op-Eds, media interviews website articles and publications updates, and managing the Authority’s reputation. This role also entails sustaining reputation management through key initiatives and activities that will protect KRA’s image through the Media.
Key responsibilities/Tasks/ Duties
• Assist in preparing articles and press releases, communication kits for the media.
• Provide effective and timely responses to public information inquiries from the media;
• Support and participate in activities to promote media coverage (press conferences, interviews, press seminars and other media engagement activities) of priority issues and major Authority’s events, including development of media strategies and action plans, and initiating proactive media outreach efforts.
• Develop and sustain partnerships with internal and external partners for successful development and execution of Authority’s media strategy
• Monitor the media in collaboration with the Media Monitoring Agency, analyse information and prepare reports in order to track outreach, engagement and growth of media coverage of the Authority
• Media visibility. Achieve highest visibility for in print, broadcast TV and online media outlets.
• Organize effective, well attended and informative media briefings.
• Develop of a Crisis Communication Plan; for use by KRA together with Crisis Management Plan in incidents of Crisis;
• Prepare budgets for Media related/publicity activities or initiatives;
• Facilitate intelligence gathering on potential negative publicity likely to injure KRA’s reputation;
• Facilitate strategy & planning meetings with KRA’s Media Agencies;
• Supervision of staff in the Media Relations Team
• Address any public relations issues as they emerge.
A university degree in Marketing Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field from a recognized institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK), Marketing Society of Kenya, Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) or Media Council of Kenya.
Previous relevant work experience required
• The job holder is to possess 3-4 years’ experience in communication; two of which should be in a newsroom set-up with proof of published articles in print media.
•Demonstrable hands on experience in reputation management
• Excellent communication skills.
• Creativity – Ability to develop/innovate new techniques.
• Presentation skills – Excellent written and oral skills.
• Organizational/Prioritization – Ability to balance multiple projects and demands.
• Motivated and Self-starter – Can motivate subordinates to take voluntary initiative
• Excellent editing skills
• Team Player
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)