This role is responsible for administration and maintenance of organisation wide Data Warehouse ecosystem
- Manages day-to-day operations of Data Warehouse and BI Team and supervision of staff in this Unit.
- Plans and reviews systems deployment and performance requirements.
- Administers the data warehousing environment, including installation, configuration, security, testing, data growth, performance and troubleshooting, platform upgrades, support agreements and disaster recovery.
- Develops, tests and deploys extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes.
- Manages scheduling of ETL processes.
- Manages the Data warehouse and Business Intelligence IT Infrastructure.
- Oversees the evaluation, design and implementation of database enhancements.
- Integration of diverse data sources with the data warehouse.
- Ensure quality and integrity of Data Warehouse is maintained.
- Liaises with other section/s in regards to capacity Planning and ensuring optimal utilization of the database system resources.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Certification in Database administration.
The following certifications/training will be an added advantage:
- Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator/Microsoft Certified Engineer
- IT Governance e.g. COBIT 5 or ITIL
- ETL Tools e.g Informatica Power Center, Oracle Data Integrator, etc
- BI Tools e.g OBIEE, PowerBI, etc
Relevant Work Experience
Have at least four (4) years’ working experience in management of data warehousing & BI in a busy environment; one (1) of which should have been at a supervisory role
Technical Skills Required
- Sound experience in Database Administration.
- Experience in managing ETL tools such as Informatica Power Centre or ODI.
- Experience in managing BI tools such as Oracle BI/Power Bi.
- Experience in Programming/scripting languages such as SQL, PL/SQL or other programming languages (Perl, PHP)
- Experience in administration of Engineered Systems e.g Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalytics will be an added advantage
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Report writing skills
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)