Mintvilla Housing is a Kenyan – based developer of affordable homes for integrated lifestyle communities offering exceptional value to aspiring homeowners.
The Assistant Credit Controller is responsible for assisting the credit controller in managing the debts of the business. He or she helps in overseeing all debts owed to a company from existing creditors and manages new requests for credit.
As an Assistant Credit Controller, you will be responsible for assisting in collecting debts from our company debtors, evaluating new credit requests, ensuring timely payments of company debts, processing sale agreement schedules, maintaining the trading receivable ledger, and providing administrative support.
|ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Assistant Credit controller, you are responsible for assisting in the management of trading receivables and adhering to company payment policies and plans. The duties include contacting customers or clients to notify them of missed payments and coordinate with the credit controller and other departments to determine payment plans. The following include some more responsibilities.
- Assisting the credit controller in debt collection
- Follow up on overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales.
- Maintain sales records both virtual and physical
- Assisting in review of credit policy.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management.
- Receipt payments and update client accounts
- Maintain accurate records of all communication with clients and credit statements
- Check consumer credit adherence and communicate decisions to the credit controller in a timely manner.
- Ensure that agreed payment plans by the clients are adhered to and raise any concerns of late payments to the credit controller in time
- Maintain sales records, conduct regular analysis of the debt-control system and implement changes as needed to reduce bad debts with the advice of the management
- Report any payment issues to credit controller.
- Follow up on over dues, payments and implement company collections procedures as necessary.
- Look for ways to improve debt collection processes.
- Assist the credit controller in all clerical work
- 16.Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organization skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Communication skills.
- Familiarity with data entry and analysis.
- Ability to listen to customers and negotiate solutions.
- Decision making skill
- Team management skills
- Debt recovery management
|MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as credit controller in a busy firm.
- Sound knowledge in Credit Management
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- CPA 4 will be an added advantage
- Certified Credit Control professional certification will be an added advantage
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, finance or accounting
- Good understanding of the legal complexities of loans, payment plans, and interest rates.
- Proficient in Accounting and Office software.
- Ability to reconcile complex debtors’ accounts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to deal with problematic clients.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Experience of working as accounts receivable,
- Experience in collections or billing or similar extensive work
|Key Performance Indicators
- Average Age of Debt or Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- collection Effectiveness Index (CEI)
- Profit Per Account (PPA)
- Promise to Pay (PTP)
- Account Receivable Turnover Ratio (ART)